Here's a quick run-through video of development to date.
It's all looking quite exciting and using this new digitally enhanced method of playing boardgames, we'll be able to offer:
- Play over the net with anyone
- True hidden movement (so your opponent can't see you setting up your ambush ahead of time)
- Have multiple games on the go at once
- No tracking hit points, health etc with onboard markers or scraps of paper
- No more buckets-of-dice-rolls, long-winded arithmetic or looking up results in tomes and tomes of results tables
- Fast, frantic playing pace
- Sound effects and atmospheric background music
Obviously the usual caveats are in place - crappy coder art and images "borrowed" from Google Images need to be replaced, interface needs smartening up etc. - but the functionality so far is looking very encouraging...