Monday 30 November 2015

We've all pretended a tennis racquet is a guitar, haven't we?

When I was little, long before I ever picked up a real guitar (and before I learned to play it right-handed, despite being utterly and uselessly left-handed) I used to strum along to my older sister's Iron Maiden LPs.



I would never have admitted at the time, and it was only because the "Eddie" artwork looked so cool that I even took an interest in the band, but there were a couple of tracks that were, even to my pre-teenage ears, sort-of-half-not-exactly-awful. And to tracks like "Run to the Hills", "Number of the Beast" and (later on) "Can I play with Madness" (though by this time, I'd discovered soft-rock bands like Bon Jovi and Def Leppard), I'd happily pick up a tennis racquet and play along!

While on a weekend away to The Big Smoke, I took a trip down Portobello Road. It's a great place to just hang out and while away an hour or two, mingling with the hipsters and the tourists. And the street entertainers are always interesting and innovative.

None more so that this guy. Who was playing guitar on a tennis racquet.


What a great idea for a project......

2 comments:

  1. Tennis Rackets For Teenage recommendations, assuming the younger ones are players on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for tennis racquet? Yonex VCore Pro Tennis Racquet is a perfect frame for all around players seeking precision and control.

    ReplyDelete